5400 Kennedy Ave. Cincinnati, OH 45213
Retail Nutritional Supplement Store Hours:
Call for Appointments 513-924-5300
James B. LaValle, RPh, CCN
Founder of the LaValle Metabolic Institute, Jim LaValle is an educator, clinician, and industry consultant in the field of integrative health care. He is a licensed pharmacist (University of Cincinnati College of Pharmacy) with more than 20 years clinical practice experience in the field of natural therapeutics and functional medicine. Jim is also the founder of Integrative Health Resources, Inc ., which provides consulting on technology and product development to health related industries, and developing training and educational initiatives through various media.
For complete credentials, click here.
Dr. Gary Huber is President of the LaValle metabolic institute. He spent 20 years as an Emergency Medicine physician before joining Jim LaValle in the practice of Integrative Medicine here at LMI. Dr. Huber is an Adjunct Professor teaching Integrative Medicine practice at the University of Cincinnati College of Pharmacy as well as a clinical preceptor for pharmacy students. Dr. Huber also lectures on hormone replacement therapies and integrative care for the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine for the University of South Florida. He has developed the Metabolic Code® Professional Weight Loss Program that is proudly offered here at LMI.
Dr. Huber has a long held interest in nutrition and human physiology as it relates to wellness and longevity. He has served as medical director for the Flying Pig Marathon and is presently on the board of directors for Loveland’s Amazing Race, a local charity event.
- Medical school – Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Residency – Doctors Hospital, Columbus, Ohio – Board certified in Emergency Medicine.
- Integrative Medicine training – American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, University of South Florida
- Clinical Professor and Preceptor - University of Cincinnati, College of Pharmacy
- Author of “Breast Health – You Are In Control”, an e-book offering women guidance on breast health to avoid breast cancer
- Co-Author of neutraceutical data base for Integrative Health Care physicians.
Maureen Pelletier, MD, FACOG
Dr. Maureen Pelletier is the Director of Functional Medicine with LaValle Metabolic Institute. She Specializes in Bio-identical Hormone Replacement, Men and Women’s Health, and is a ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) Physician. Dr. Pelletier is a board certified obstetrician/gynecologist. She is author of the Complete Idiot’s Guide to Menopause and is a national and international lecturer. Dr. Pelletier has been a clinical instructor of obstetrics for over 10 years.
Hormone Replacement\ Women's Health Director of Women's Health & Functional Medicine ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) Physician
• Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston MA
• Residency: University of Cincinnati OB/GYN
• Fellow: American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists
• Board Certified Obstetrician/Gynecologist
• Clinical training in Mind-Body Medicine, Mind-Body Institute, Harvard
• Program in Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona School of Medicine
• Medical Acupuncture Program, University of California, Los Angeles
• National & International Lecturer
• Author of Complete Idiot's Guide to Menopause
• Published in International Journal of Integrative Medicine
• Developed program for Integrative Management of Chronic Pelvic Pain
• Numerous TV Appearances
• Former Aviation Medical Examiner
• Clinical Instructor of Obstetrics for over 10 yrs
• International College of Integrative Medicine
• International & American Association of Clinical Nutritionists
• Cincinnati Academy of Medicine
Katherine Wight Mattox, R.D., L.D.
Katherine Wight Mattox is a registered and licensed dietitian with LaValle Metabolic Institute.
Bachelor of Science in Dietetics from the University of Delaware
Founder of BlueFood, a nutrition publication
Writer of health and wellness articles for three local Cincinnati publications
Worked for the Produce for Better Health Foundation, a marketing liaison between the National Cancer Institute and produce growers
Volunteered with the American Diabetes Association
Completed dietetic internship at Good Samaritan Hospital
Passed Registered Dietitian Exam in October, 2006
Clinical Practice at LaValle Metabolic Institute, Cincinnati, OH
Member of the American Dietetic Association
Chris Greenman is a technician with LaValle Metabolic Institute with 12 years experience.
Naval Hospital Corps School 1990
- Naturopathic/chiropractic assistant to Doctor David Polen D.C.
- Graduated as a Doctor of Naturopathy from Central States College Of Health Sciences Sept 2001
- Graduated with Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine from Central States College of Health Sciences Feb 2003
- Clinician Living Longer / Lavalle Institute
- Currently licenced in Washington D.C. for Naturopathy
- Twenty years experience in Health Promotion, Nutrition Counseling and Fitness Instruction
- Specializing in individual and group nutrition counseling for healthy weight goals, food allergies and intolerances, sports and fitness nutrition, cardiovascular nutrition, nutrition for cancer, and eating disorders
- Expert in recipe and menu development and nutrition education for those with food allergies and intolerances
- Developed and implemented corporate wellness programs for companies including General Electric, Carrier Corporation, and Niagara Mohawk (NIMO)
- Authored and taught “The Nutrition Connection” a corporate health program for weight loss and cardiovascular health
- Former Campus Dietitian at Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
- Fitness Instructor specializing in group fitness and personal training
- Bachelor of Science-Dietetics, University of Cincinnati, 1991
- AP4 Dietetics Internship, Syracuse University, 1996
- Masters of Science-Information Resources Management, Syracuse University, 1996
- Studies in Exercise Science at the Ohio State University and Syracuse University at the undergraduate and graduate levels
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Registered Dietitian-Commission on Dietetic Registration, since 1997
- Licensed Dietitian-Ohio Board of Dietetics, since 2004
- Certified Dietitian-Nutritionist in the State of New York through 2005
- Active Member of the American Dietetic Association since 2004
- Active Member of ADA Dietetic Practice Groups:
- Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine (DIFM)
- Weight Management (WM)
- Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutritionists (SCAN)
- ASHI Certifications in CPR Pro and Emergency Oxygen Administration